National Registry’s Certified Food Safety HACCP Manager Examination measures the level of food safety comprehension of workers in the retail and manufacturing industry who must follow HACCP plans. This certification is intended for workers in facilities such as food manufacturing, processing plants, food packing, and warehouses storing food for human consumption.
Because HACCP is a management system that touches raw material production, procurement and handling, manufacturing, distribution, and consumption of food, National Registry worked with a global team of food safety experts to link HACCP principles in the development of an examination that would comprehensively address the HACCP system within that wide range of organizations.
What You Need to Know
- You must successfully pass the examination to receive your certification
- You must submit a signed Examinee Consent Form and agree to the Code of Conduct to be eligible to sit for the certification
- Your certification is valid for a period of up to five years
- Different states and jurisdictions have different regulations regarding food manager certifications. View regulations and restrictions in your state.
Before You Take the Exam
It is highly recommended that you participate is some form of training before you sit for this exam.
Here are some resources to help you be ready for the certification exam.
- Examination Blueprint – see what types of questions will be on the exam
- Examination Content Outline – understand the concepts outlined in the exam
- HACCP Manager Practice Exam – take an approved practice exam
- Candidate Information Bulletin – download this booklet to gain a full understanding of the examination, the process, and examinee requirements
- Accommodation Request – make a special request ahead of your exam date
Take the Exam
There are two ways to take the examination.
Trainer Locator: National Registry makes available a network of trainers and Test Administrators/Proctors. The paper & pencil examination is available in English and Spanish.
Take at a Pearson VUE Testing Center in your area. Pearson VUE is the gloabal leader in computer-based testing for professional testing programs around the world with over 14 million people using their testing centers each year. Examinations available in English and Spanish.