Fast, flexible, affordable Food Manager training and certification
Certified Food Managers are an essential part of a food safety culture that keeps your customers safe from foodborne illnesses. When your customers are safe and happy, you can maximize your business potential and stand out from the competition.
Certification is fast and easy – and costs much less than fees and brand damage incurred by an outbreak.
Our Food Safety Manager Certification Program assesses the knowledge and skills of entry-level food managers. We use recognized exam development practices to design certification exams that exceed industry expectations for clarity and accuracy.
National Registry offers its food safety manager exam in two formats.
- The Food Safety Manager Certification Examination (FSMCE) is accredited under exam standards set by the Conference of Food Protection (CFP).
- The International Certified Food Safety Manager (ICFSM) is jointly accredited under both the CFP standards and the ISO 17024 standard.
Both programs are accepted throughout the United States and meet regulatory requirements.
Restaurant and commercial food service managers • wait staff • chefs • bartenders • hosts and hostesses • students • cooks • shift leaders
- Assesses knowledge and skills
- Satisfies “Person in Charge” regulations
- Promotes food safety culture
Recommended Support Materials
- Chinese (Modern / Traditional)
Online Platform Options
Certification / Exam
- 80 questions
- Valid for up to 5 years
- Accredited by ANSI against Conference for Food Protection standards
- Pearson VUE version also accredited by ANSI against ISO 17024 standard
What You Need to Know
- You must successfully pass the examination to receive your certification
- Your certification is valid for a period of up to five years
- Different states and jurisdictions have different regulations regarding food manager certifications. View regulations and restrictions in your state.
- National Registry is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer – Accreditation #0656.
Take the Exam
To take the food safety exam please choose from one of the options below.
Trainer Locator: National Registry makes available a network of trainers and Test Administrators/Proctors. The paper & pencil examination is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Korean, and modern and traditional Chinese.
Take at a Pearson VUE Testing Center in your area. Pearson VUE is the gloabal leader in computer-based testing for professional testing programs around the world with over 14 million people using their testing centers each year. Pearson VUE provides the International Certified Food Safety Manager exam.
Take a Proctored Online Examination with an approved NRFSP Test Administrator/Proctor on any computer (not all Test Administrators/Proctors have this approval). Examinations available in English and Spanish.