The NSF HealthGuard™ Professional Food Manager Certification course books are available for use in food manager certification training classes. This course represents an improved approach to manager food safety training.
The updated HealthGuard Food Manager Certification Training Manual will help you prepare for any of the nationally recognized Food Manager Certification Examinations. Based on the 2017 FDA Food Code, the NSF HealthGuard Food Manager Certification Training Manual (Version 8.0) provides clear, easy-to-understand instruction on how to ensure the production of safe food in your facility.
Topics covered include:
- Introduction to food safety and food borne illness
- Roles and responsibilities of food handlers and managers
- Hazards and sources of contamination
- Employee health and hygiene
- Safe food handling practices
- Equipment and facility best practices
Version 8 includes the following updates:
- The new FDA-regulated 2017 Food Code
- Revised requirement for the Person in Charge (PIC) to be a Certified Food Protection Manager
- A new section that addresses the use of bandages, finger cots, or finger stalls
- Harmonized cooking time and temperature parameters in accordance with the USDA’s Food Safety and Inspection Service
- Updated procedures for retail food establishments to continue operations during an extended water or electrical outage, if certain requirements are met
Each section contains review questions, case studies, activities and practice quizzes to test your understanding of the content and track your progress through the material.