exclusively through National Registry of Food Safety Professionals
National Registry maintains its commitment to the retail grocery industry via active roles supporting the Conference for Food Protection, and The Global Food Safety Initiative among others. National Registry remains the most experienced, long-term provider of certification solutions specifically designed for the retail grocery industry team members.
You can use testing centers as well as web-based remote proctoring, as National Registry is the first and only organization for food safety manager certification accredited by the American National Standards Institute approved to use a remote-proctored exam delivery system.
What You Need to Know
- You must successfully pass the examination to receive your certification
- You must submit a signed Examinee Consent Form and agree to the Code of Conduct to be eligible to sit for the certification
- Your certification is valid for a period of up to five years
- Different states and jurisdictions have different regulations regarding food manager certifications. View regulations and restrictions in your state.
- National Registry is an ANSI-Accredited Certificate Issuer – Accreditation #0656.
Take the Exam
To take the food safety exam please choose from one of the options below.
Trainer Locator: National Registry makes available a network of trainers and Test Administrators/Proctors. The paper & pencil examination is available in the following languages: English, Spanish, Korean, and modern and traditional Chinese.
Take at a Pearson VUE Testing Center in your area. Pearson VUE is the gloabal leader in computer-based testing for professional testing programs around the world with over 14 million people using their testing centers each year.
Take a Proctored Online Examination with an approved NRFSP Test Administrator/Proctor on any computer (not all Test Administrators/Proctors have this approval). Examinations available in English and Spanish.